Sunday, January 18, 2009

Beef Stew (still a work in progress)

1 1/2 lb roast (I prefer a rump/chuck roast, but really any roast will do, even brisket)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 can tomato soup
2 cans water (more if you like)
1 package Lipton beefy onion soup mix
4-6 carrots peeled and sliced
4-5 potatoes peeled and diced
Olive oil

Turn crock pot on to be warming up if you choose to cook this in the crock pot (it makes my life easier). Dice the meat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in a preheated pan with a few tablespoons of olive oil. Brown the meat (if I'm using a rump roast or brisket I hardly brown it at all, but if I'm using a roast with better marbling/more fat, then I brown it more).

While meat is browning pour cream of mushroom soup, tomato soup, water, and soup mix into crock pot, as well as the carrots and potatoes. Just brown, do not fully cook the meat. When browned pour in crock pot. I usually give it 5-6 hours to cook. You can easily do this in your oven or on the stove top, just make sure the meat is cooked:).

No comments:

Post a Comment